Friday, September 14, 2012

Durarara!


Image from: http://myanimelist.net/anime/6746/Durarara!!

Name: Durarara!, DRRR! デュラララ!!

Status: Completed
Episode: 24
Release date (eng subs): -


Summary:
In Tokyo's downtown district of Ikebukuro, amidst many strange rumors and warnings of anonymous gangs and dangerous occupants, one urban legend stands out above the rest – the existence of a headless “Black Rider” who is said to be seen driving a jet-black motorcycle through the city streets.
Ryuugamine Mikado has always longed for the excitement of the city life, and an invitation from a childhood friend convinces him to move to Tokyo. Witnessing the Black Rider on his first day in the city, his wishes already seem to have been granted. But as supernatural events begin to occur, ordinary citizens like himself, along with Ikebukuro's most colorful inhabitants, are mixed up in the commotion breaking out in their city.



Written by: MAL Rewrite


Personal ratings: 4
I think this show has really deep meaning to the words each character speaks. It has a very unique anime. Not an anime you see very often.
Love what they did with the chat room. 
I feel that even though all the characters in the show have very different personalities, there doesn't seem to be clash in any of the personality. Not one of the characters were forgotten. 
The twist in this anime was just unexpected and awesome. 
Loved all the voice actors. I also just love how they use coincidence to link the characters together, even though they started out as viewing the character's point of view differently. 


What I did not really like about this anime was that, they gave too little, if not no clues at all as to who's who. When they want to tell the people about the true identity of the characters in the show, they should show some clues, a bit by a bit. However, for this anime, it seems like they just suddenly revealed their identity, and you would feel shocked and lost at the same time. For me, there was a huge question mark every time they did that.

For me, the one thing that I could not really grasp on was "Who was the main character?". To me it seemed like Ryuugamine Mikado was the main character, but after you think for awhile, the whole time they were talking about Celity and her head, which, in the end she decided to forget about it. I think this anime was more unexpected as compared to Detective Conan. Like how Ryuugamine Mikado was the creater of Dollars, etc. (sorry for spoilers). I think what really got me to like this show was perhaps the unique personality and past each character has.


Overall I certainly had difficulties understanding some parts, and piecing the pieces together.

Well, to me, this anime did not really have an ending or a beginning. However, this anime just attracts you and make you want to keep watching on.
I suggest watching this anime twice. 



Art ratings: 3.5

I actually quite like the art, but for some characters, I find that they could have drawn better. Like the girl's eyes and hair were a bit weird to me.
I think that this simple drawing really brings out the complex storyline.



Recommended for:

Gender: Male & Female
Age: 16 and above
My Ratings: PG-13

No comments:

Post a Comment