Monday, March 11, 2013

Hunter X Hunter


Image from: http://www.animefreak.tv/watch/hunter-x-hunter-2011-online

Name: Hunter X Hunter (2011) ハンター×ハンター

Status: On-going
Episode: 103
Release date (for eng subs): Every Wednesday 

Summary:
Remake of the 1999 TV series of Hunter x Hunter based on the manga by Togashi Yoshihiro. A Hunter is one who travels the world doing all sorts of dangerous tasks. From capturing criminals to searching deep within uncharted lands for any lost treasures. Gon is a young boy whose father disappeared long ago, being a Hunter. He believes if he could also follow his father\'s path, he could one day reunite with him.
Summary from: http://www.animecrazy.net/hunter-x-hunter-2011-anime/  

Personal Ratings: 3.5
I actually half expected this anime to be the typical main stream battle anime. But it turned out I was wrong. The characters and the logic is all there. One thing that I thing that make this anime (to me) better then Katekyo Hitman Reborn is probably the fact that they did not dispose the value of the title 'hunter' as much as how Katekyo Hitman Reborn dispose their value of 'Vongola'. 
I liked how they slowly showed the progress of the main characters.

The things that I did not really liked about this anime is probably the fact that when it came to explaining techniques or things, like when they explained the game for green island or the time where they explain all the 'Haku' stuff, they just throw a huge chunk of information at us, really makes things hard to take in. To be frank I totally skipped those parts when I was totally lost.

I also found that when they started on the 2nd arc, it really seems as though they forgot the fact that Gon was suppose to be the main character, not Kurapika. But the thing that I liked about that arc was the fact that the spider troupe is still alive. 

If this manga was made in the 90's I would say that a lot of the manga and anime now get their ideas from here. The ideas are really unique. I actually liked how they slowly reviled the character's past or personality. (except for the first arc.)

After watching the 1999 ver. I would really recommend that you watch this version first before going on to watch the whole of the first arc in the 1999 version. In the 1999 version, there were some things that were shown there that is not shown in the 2011 version. I would recommend going there to watch that part if you want to know more about Leorio's past. 
There was also this test in the hunter test that was totally left out in the 2011 version, which I actually find that was necessary to show how Gon and Killua's relationship gets closer. I also actually liked the part about going to Killua's house in the 1999 version better then the 2011 version. Because it's more realistic as compared to the 2011 version which was too exaggerated. 
The 2011 version was better in terms of animation, the point of emphasis and (no offence) voice actors. In the 2011 version, I think that the one voicing Hisoka was a lot better then the 1999 version. The 2011 version really showed how Hisoka is someone who is very dangerous and filled with mystery, while the 1999 one just sounded like Hisoka was a circus member, to make things worst, his hair colour was green (not that pink made a difference). I also preferred the current voice actor that is voicing Killua in the 2011 version then the 1999 version. Killua's voice really sounded much more clear which showed his confidence and strong character. Did not have much problems accepting the other voice actors. 

*Update coming soon



Art Ratings: 3.5
Really love the unique art, especially love the character designs. I read a little of the manga (due to the fact that I could not wait for the next episode to come out, so I cheated). The manga's art was a total mess (no offence). It really seemed like they just used marker and randomly drew the characters. There was totally no back ground for most of the panels. But the art in the anime really really nice. Totally love the animation. Thought they really knew how to colour in the aura and characters to bring out more of the character's personality.

Recommended for:
Gender: Male & Female
Age: 13 and above
My Ratings: PG-13

No comments:

Post a Comment