Sunday, April 28, 2013

Karneval

Karneval (TV)
Image from: http://myanimelist.net/anime/16035/Karneval_(TV)

Name: Karneval カーニヴァル

Status: Completed
Episode: 13
Release date (for eng subs): Every Friday

Summary:
Nai searches for someone important to him, with only an abandoned bracelet as a clue. Gareki steals and pick-pockets to get by from day to day. The two meet in a strange mansion where they are set-up, and soon become wanted criminals by military security operatives. When Nai and Gareki find themselves desperate in a hopeless predicament, they encounter none other than the country's most powerful defense organization—"Circus"!! 

Summary from: http://myanimelist.net/anime/16035/Karneval_(TV)
Summary Source: OneManga

Personal Ratings: 3
A weird and unique anime. I find this anime a little confusing and lost in the beginning. 
I like the unique idea of the anime about using the term "Karneval", and then everything coming under that, such as the organization's name, Circus. I love the way they ended each and every episode. It really gives the viewers the urge to watch the next episode.
I don't really like the way they organize the episodes. I feel that they shift their focus to many times, between Gareki and Nai, that it gets a little confusing. I think that they used a lot of the screen time on Nai, who doesn't really get the point across half the time, after talking so long (in a weird way). I don't get the part about Karoku, it always get confusing when he comes into the picutre. I thought that they could show more of the bad people in between the animes. I also didn't like how they didn't really show the people of the first ship, and then in the second half of the anime, they keep showing them. The shift in the tempo is not smooth at all. I also feel that some of the issues lack explanation (like where do they get the powers from, etc)
I liked how they actually kept the suspense going about Karoku and Gareki and the captains of the two ships. I loved how they portrayed the characters and relationships between each of the characters. Overall the story line is quite interesting. If they don't have a 2nd season coming up, I'm going to really think that I wasted my time on this anime, because it is one of the most incompleted anime I have ever seen.

Art Ratings: 2
Don't like the way they draw and colour the eyes, especially the fact that they keep using gradient of weird colours that don't mix well, and i hate the way they draw the eye lashes for girls. For animation, the characters do look stiff. They make the characters wear weird stuff. Other then that, really unique and nice design or the characters. 

Recommended for:
Gender: Female & Male
Age: 13 and above
My Ratings: PG-13

No comments:

Post a Comment