Sunday, August 25, 2013

Mortal Instruments: City Bones


Image from: http://themortalminute.wordpress.com/2013/04/23/the-mortal-instruments-city-of-bones-movie-tie-in-illustrated-movie-companion-and-shadowhunter-guide-cover-reveals-by-entertainment-weekly/

Name: Mortal Instruments: City of Bones

Date release (in Singapore): 22 August 2013
Watched on: 25 August 2013

Summary:
When her mother disappears, Clary Fray learns that she descends from a line of warriors who protect our world from demons. She joins forces with others like her and heads into a dangerous alternate New York called Downworld.
Summary from: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1538403/

Personal Ratings: 4
Awesome Awesome Awesome! I always had this book for years back. However I never really brought myself to read it because it just seemed really thick for me. But after watching this, I'm so going to start reading the book. 
This show had a mixture of action, romance and comedy. Loved how they used serious comedy, my favorite kind of comedy so far. The romance part is really not that irritating kind (don't really know how to put it into words). At first I really thought that the first part would be really boring, and would only get more interesting towards the middle part. But from the start of the movie to the end of the movie, I was really into the movie. Really nice! I love the atmosphere and elegance (?). Love the strong personalities that they brought into the whole movie. Cannot wait for the next season (City of Ash, I think).
What I did not really liked for this movie was the lack of action scenes. I know that it would be hard to squeeze in to many actions scenes, especially since it was running kinda long. Towards the ending, I felt that it was kind of hurried as compared to the middle part of the movie, and the focus of the main character was not really there. I felt that it was really all over the place. 

Recommended for:
Gender: Female & Male
Age: 13 and above
Ratings: PG-13


No comments:

Post a Comment