Sunday, August 4, 2013

Samurai Champloo


Image from: http://thefindmag.com/articles/article-hip-hop-cinema-samurai-champloo-2004-2005/

Name: Samurai Champloo

Status: Completed
Episode: 26
Release date (for eng subs): -


Summary:
Kasumi Fuu one day meets two samurai, Jin and Mugen. After their encounter, Fuu made Mugen and Jin promise to help her find the samurai who smells like sunflower. They traveled through Japan to find that samurai, while traveling they met with many different people and situations. 

Summary from: AngelaAgness


Personal Ratings: 3
Watchable. Honestly, I only started watching this anime because it was ranked quite high under animecrazy website. I really expected a lot for this show. I thought that the fighting scenes would be awesome, but in the end, only some fighting scenes were nice, and half the time you can't really get the whole picture of what is happening during their fight. Honestly, I actually kind of liked the ending.

I liked the episodes where they were all separated, but still end up together. It's really interesting how they make the characters all have their own different situations, but still ending up together in a way or another. Nice fighting scenes, though I wanted them to have more of those. I liked how even though the anime is in the olden Japanese period of time, they still add in random modern things in, which makes the anime a little more unique and easier to watch for the younger generations.

I really thought that each situation should at least have some link to the samurai that smells like sunflower. It seems that the whole anime was not really linked or connected. I think that even though the main purpose of this anime is on the samurai that smells like sunflower, I feel that in the end, it seemed more like the purpose of this anime is on the relationship between the three of them. I think that there are things in this anime that has not yet been cleared, about Mugen. I really want to have an episode about his past, and what is truly happened. 


Art Ratings: 2
I did not really like the drawing. The drawing looks out of shape, especially the eyes in the back few episodes. I also did not like the outline that they did for the first few episodes. Did not really make use of the thick and thin lines properly. 
I liked the animation though.


Recommended for:
Gender: Male & Female
Age: 17 and above
My Ratings: NC-16

No comments:

Post a Comment