Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Guilty Crown


Image from: http://www.giantbomb.com/guilty-crown-lost-christmas/3030-37769/

Name: Guilty Crown ギルティクラウン

Status: Completed
Episode: 22 + OVA (Lost Christmas)
Release date (for eng subs): -


Summary:
Japan gave up its independence in order to avoid total collapse after the outbreak of an alien virus. 10 years later Japan is still a dependent nation under a not-so-friendly provisional government called GHQ. At the same time a boy named Shu has lost his past and himself. By chance Shu comes in contact with the beautiful and stoic Inori and the resourceful and charismatic Gai, both members of a militant resistance group called Funeral Parlor. Through his interaction with the members of Funeral Parlor and his acquisition of a genetically based power, the conflicted and withdrawn Shu slowly learns how to connect with others and reclaim himself. When the GHQ falls into the hands of a man who intends to use the virus to 'reset' earth's population, Shu and Funeral Parlor fight to stop him and reclaim Japan.



Personal Ratings: 3
I find that this anime is split into two main parts. (kind of like some animes I've seen, of which most dont have a proper ending or ending is kinda sad). 

In the first half of the anime, it is totally about the introduction and the foundation of the anime. In the second half of the anime, I feel that it split into many small different sections and parts. Really didn't really like the second half of the anime because it was kind of dark and rushed. I totally preferred the first part because of Shu's lost memories. I kind of liked how it kept the curiosity going. In the 2nd half, it was kind of like a 180 degrees change. It was really dark and at the same time sad to a certain extend. 
I really didn't like how Inori was not really there in the 2nd half of the show. (and I really hated her battle outfits.) I was  kind of waiting for the main character to be really cool after he gain the power and realize his true self, but that never actually came. I also wondered why in the first episode where Gai saw Shu, he did not react to him, especially since he was close to him when they were younger. 

There were also some really weird and unexplained parts in the anime. I think that the ending of kind of rushed, because it lasted for like a minute (? at least that's what I felt.) The ending really leaves you with some sort of sadness. The Beginning was also really typical. I also wanted more of the fighting scenes. (instead of just a swing of the random sword and everyone dies).
The story line really made this anime a whole lot nicer.


Art Ratings: 3
I liked some of the character designs, especially some of the girl's hair. But I find some others a little to stiff and edgy. Art kinda reminds me of Nurarihyon no Mago.


Recommended for:
Gender: Female & Male
Age: 16 and above
My Ratings: NC-16

No comments:

Post a Comment